The DERS training guides and focuses
The five-hour training, delivered in person or online, prepares staff
to use the DERS effectively as a tool for continuous improvement
The training session explains the research behind the DERS, orients users to the tool, and guides them through a series of video observations. Participants learn to identify, evaluate, and record classroom indicators which support development. Training in the Minnesota Executive Function Scale (MEFS), a companion tool for assessing executive function, is provided as well.
Face to Face Training
Sessions run typically run 6 hours, typically from 8:30am-2:30pm. Breakfast, lunch, and light snacks will be provided.
Each school will be provided with an iPad to work with during the training. Schools will need to provide a screen and speakers, and at least one iPad per every two participants.
The online training consists of two sessions:
- Session I: DERS (3 hours)
- Session II: MEFS (2 hours)
These can be scheduled on the same day or on separate days. An NCMPS staff member gives the training to assembled staff via a live, interactive teleconferencing link.
Schools must provide a computer, a screen, and speakers, and at least one iPad per every two participants.
Register for training
Please visit publicmontessori.trainingfolks.com/store to register for DERS and/or MEFS trainings.
Training and Subscriptions
Schools pay for the DERS as an annual subscription for unlimited use, based on the number of classrooms. For the 2017-18 pilot year, the cost for online training and use of the DERS is $1000, which includes:
- DERS Training for unlimited number of participants
- DERS Certification for up to five participants
- One year whole-school DERS subscription
- Minnesota Executive Function Scale (MEFS) Training and Certification
- 25 per-child MEFS licenses
- Membership in the DERS Network, including access to additional tools, monthly webinars, and data sharing (read more about the Network)
Schools may purchase additional DERS certifications for $250 each. Live trainings cost $2000 plus travel.
Schedule online or face-to-face training using the form on the right.
Upcoming online DERS trainings:
- Thursday, April 19th, 1p E
- Friday, May 11th, 10:30a E
Upcoming online MEFS trainings:
- Thursday, April 19th, 10:30a E
- Friday, May 11th, 2p E
Upcoming LIVE DERS/MEFS trainings:
- Friday, April 6th, 9a E, Newark, Delaware
Already Been Trained?
If you have attended one of our live trainings, please click here to complete the certification process.